Workshop on Multi-Dimensional Euler Equations and Conservation Laws
November 6 - 9, 2003
- The complete schedule is available now.
- The workshop will run from 8:50am, Thursday, November 6
to 12:00 at noon, Sunday, November 9. Each talk will have 45 minutes.
Additional short communications will have 15 minutes.
- All talks will be in Room 704 of Thackeray Hall (Math Dept building).
There is a large board, overhead projector, and computer projector in
- Here is a map
showing the conference site and locations of hotels.
- Yann Brenier (Nice)
- Alberto Bressan (SISSA, Trieste)
- Suncica Canic (Houston)
- Shuxing Chen (Fudan, Shanghai)
- Gui-Qiang Chen (Northwestern)
- Xinfu Chen (Pittsburgh)
- Mikhail Feldman (Madison)
- James Glimm (Stony Brook)
- David Hoff (Indiana)
- John Hunter (UC Davis)
- Barbara Keyfitz (Houston)
- David Kinderlehrer (Carnegie Mellon)
- Philippe LeFloch (Palaiseau)
- Tai-Ping Liu (Stanford)
- Cathleen Morawetz (Courant)
- Jeffrey Rauch (Michigan)
- Rodolfo Rosales (MIT)
- Denis Serre (Lyon)
- Luc Tartar (Carnegie Mellon)
- Athanasios Tzavaras (Madison)
- Yuxi Zheng (Penn State)
(1) Multi-dimensional problems, three lectures by Gui-Qiang Chen;
(2) Regular shock reflection, two lectures by John Hunter.
National Science Foundation
(through FRG program);
Department of Mathematics, College of Arts and Sciences, and Office of Research of
the University of Pittsburgh.
Registration: There is no registration fee. Please register
to provide information for your name badge. Here is the
registration form .
Holiday Inn, University Center:
100 Lytton Ave, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15213.
Two blocks away from the Math department (Thackeray Hall).
Click here for more information.
Free local shuttle. Free parking for conference guests.
Conference rate: $85 for a single or double room
(must mention "Pitt Math Conference").
Phone: (412) 682-6200, 1-800-864-8287. Fax: (412) 681-4749.
Deadline for reservation: October 17, 2003.
Hampton Inn, University Center:
3315 Hamlet Street, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15213.
Short walk (about 10 minutes) to campus.
Complimentary continental breakfast. Free local shuttle. Free parking.
Conference rate: $69 for a single room
and $79 for a double room (must mention "Pitt Math Conference").
Code for internet reservation: "PMC".
Phone: (412) 681-1000. Fax: (412) 681-3022.
Deadline for reservation: October 15, 2003.
- More hotels.
Forbes Avenue Suites, 3401 Forbes Ave, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, 412-325-3900,
1-877-335-3900, 412-325-3923 (fax).
For questions, please contact
phone: +1 (412) 624-8361;
fax: +1 (412) 624-8397.