Professional MembershipsAcademy of Management
American Psychological Association (Divisions 8, 9, 34, 35, 52)
- 2008-2009. Co-chair, Publications Committee for SPSSI.
- 2006-2007. President, SPSSI (Division 9-Society for the Psychological Study of Social Issues). President-Elect, 2005-2006; Past-President, 2007-2008). Member of the Executive Committee.
- 2005-2006. Chair, Committee on Mentoring for Division 52 (International Psychology).
- 2000-2002; 1994-1995 - Chair, SPSSI's SAGES Program (Research funds for retired social scientists).
- 1994-2004 - List Manger for PWINET-L (an electronic discussion list for the International Committee of Division 35 and of Women’s Committee of Division 52).
- 1995-2006 - Member of APA Science Conference Review Committee.
- 1994-2002 - Division 9 liaison to APA's Science Directorate.
- 1993-1999 - List Manager for SPSSI-L (an electronic discussion list for Division 9).
- 1995-1996 - Reviewer of APA Dissertation Research Awards proposals.
- 1993-1994 - Division 35 liaison to APA's Science Directorate.
- 1992-1995 & 1976-1978 - Council Member, Division 9.
- 1982-1987 - Executive Committee, Division 35.
- 1983-1984 - President, Division 35. (Society for the Psychology of Women).
- 1982-1984 - Member of APA Task Force on Victims of Crime and Violence.
- 1979-1982 - Representative to Committee on Women in Psychology, Division 8.
- 1978 - Program Chair for Annual Meeting of APA, Division 9.
Association for Women in Psychology
Association for Women in Slavic Studies
International Society for Research in Aggression
Society of Experimental Social Psychology
Sociologists for Women in Society