- Seelman, KD. (December 8 2006). Continuum of Care and E-Accessibility.
World Health Organization Department of Injuries and Violence Prevention,
Disability and Rehabilitation Team, Geneva, Switzerland.
- Seelman, KD. (October 5, 2006). Quality of Life Technology:
Policy Context and Market Implications. Carnegie Mellon University,
- Seelman, KD. (May 15, 2006). Converging, Pervasive, Smart
Technology: Is Policy Keeping Up? Assistive Technology Research Institute,
College Miseriacordia, Dallas, PA.
- Seelman, KD. (June 4, 2004). The ICF Analytic Plan: A Reaction.
10th North American Collaborating Center Conference on the ICF, North
American Collaborating Center, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada.
" Seelman, KD and Schmeler, M. (April 8, 2004). Conflict between
U.S. Health and Disability Policies: Medicare and Assistive Technology.
Health Policy Institute, Georgetown University, Washington, D.C.
- Seelman, KD. (November 5, 2003). The Information Age: Participation
Challenges and Policy Strategies for Inclusion of People with Disabilities.
World Health Organization Center, National Rehabilitation Center,
- Seelman, KD. (October, 31, 2003). International Trends in
Disability: Transition from a Medical to an Integrative Model. Keynote,
26th National Rehabilitation Conference, Tokorozawa, Japan.
- Seelman, KD. Moderator. (May 2, 2003 ). Key Disability Policy
Issues: Accessibility, Attitudes and Assistive Technology. Forum,
Institute of Politics, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA.
- Seelman, KD. and Mormer, E. (February 15, 2003). Hearing
Assistance Technology. American Association for the Advancement of
Science, Denver CO.
- Seelman, KD. (Oct. 24, 2002). Disability Studies and the
Disciplines: Bridges and Chasms. Invest in Abilities Week, University
of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI.
- Seelman, KD. (October 17, 2002). Assistive Technology Outcome
Measures: Their Fit for Clinical and Natural Environments. Keynote,
Washington University, St. Louis, MO.
- Seelman, KD. (October 4, 2002). A Short History of Functional
Classification and Its Impact on Public Policy. UCLID Center Current
Issues Seminar, Pittsburgh, PA.
- Seelman, KD. (September 23, 2002). Adaptation to the Changing
Disability Landscape: The Partnership Mix. Keynote, Pennsylvania Association
of Rehabilitation Facilitates, State College, PA.
- Seelman, KD. (June 8, 2002). Old Values and New Technology:
Segregation and Its Aftermath. Keynote, Society of Disability Studies,
- Seelman, KD. (November 14, 2001). Management and Policy Aspects
of Health Care for People with Disabilities. Health Care Policy Institute,
University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA.
- Seelman, KD. (October 2001). Disability and Public Policy
in the United States. Chinese Association of Rehabilitation Medicine
and Engineering, Beijing, China.
- Seelman, KD. (October 2-4, 2001). Science and Technology
Policy: Is Disability a Missing Factor? Australian Rehabilitation
and Assistive Technology Association Conference (ARATA), Brisbane,
- Seelman, KD. (October 2, 2001). Growth of International Cooperation
in Rehabilitation and Assistive Technology: Advances, Challenges,
and Strategies. Australian Rehabilitation and Assistive Technology
Association Conference, Brisbane, Australia.
- Seelman, KD. (December 2000). SIVA, Assistive Technology
and Universal Design for Disabled and Elderly People. Milan, Italy.
- Seelman, KD. (September 19-20, 2000). International Policy
for Accessibility for Disabled and Elderly People. Asian Pacific Economic
Committee (APEC) Workshop on Technology, Taipei, Taiwan.
- Seelman, KD. Chief Negotiator, U.S. (September 2000). India
program for rehabilitation of disabled people. New Delhi and Jaipuhr,
- Seelman, KD. (March 1- April 1, 2000). Perspectives from
the South: The NIDRR Model. The Future of Rehabilitation Research
in Canada, Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR) Conference,
- Seelman, KD. (May 28, 1999). Disability Across the Disciplines.
12th Annual Meeting, Society for Disability Studies, Washington, D.C.
- Seelman, KD. Advisor. (May 20, 1999). United Nations Preparatory
Committee for the Special Session of the General Assembly on the implementation
of the outcome of the world summit for social development and further
initiation, New York.
- Seelman, KD. Delegate. (April 28, 1999). Opening Address,
Rehabilitation Science Issues in Graduate Education and Research,
University of New York, Buffalo, NY.
- Seelman, KD. Director (January 13, 1999). Assistive Technology
Demonstration, White House Grand Foyer, Washington, D.C.
- Seelman, KD. Delegate/ Representative to US/EU (October 1998).
Science & Technology agreement ratification, Brussels, Belgium.
- Seelman, KD. (September 24, 1998). Emerging Technologies
and the Future of Medical Rehabilitation. Kessler Institute, West
- Seelman, KD. (August 15-18, 1998). Assistive Technology Applications.
Central Remedial Clinic, Dublin, Ireland.
- Seelman, KD. Chair. (June 26-30, 1998). 4th Annual Rehabilitation
Engineering and Assistive Technology Society of North America (RESNA)
Research Symposium, Minneapolis, MN.
- Seelman, KD. (July 1997). International Panel of the Association
for the Advancement of Assistive Technology in Europe (AAATE), Greece
via remote video.
- Seelman, KD. (April 6, 8, 1997 ). Global Storytelling: Power
Source for Creative Design of the GII. World Wide Web Consortium,
Santa Clara, CA.
- Seelman, KD. Co-Chair. (February 27-March 1, 1997). US-Japan
Common Agenda Initiative on Educational Technology for the 21st Century,
- Seelman, KD. (March 11, 1996). Quality of Life: The Dynamics
of Disability and Universal Design. National Academy of Sciences,
American Institute on Medical and Biological Engineering (AIMBEE),
- Seelman, KD. (October 24, 1995). National Violence Prevention
Conference, American Disability Prevention and Wellness Association,
Des Moines, IA.
- Seelman, KD. (August 11, 1995). Disability, Rehabilitation
and Psychology: Its Future Within the Federal Agenda. American Psychological
Association, New York, NY.
- Seelman, KD. (July 17, 1995). International Conference on
the Education of the Deaf (ICED), Tel Aviv, Israel.
- Seelman, KD. Chair (June 7, 1995). Interagency Committee
on Disability Research (ICDR) Public Hearing on Disability Research,
Committee on Labor and H. R., Dirksen Senate Office Building, Washington,
- Seelman, KD. (June 6, 1995). The Changing Demographics of
Disability: A New Look. Grantmaker Forum on Disability Policy, Washington,
- Seelman, KD. (May 31, 1995). Choice and Inclusion: Perspectives
of Key Federal Agencies. Annual Meeting, American Association on Mental
Retardation, San Francisco, CA.
- Seelman, KD. (April 21, 1995). Panelist, Disability Consumer
Market Development, Forum on Commercialization of Disability Technologies,
National Technology Transfer Center, Washington, D.C.
- Seelman, KD. (March 17, 1995). Disability research and Service
Delivery. Council of State Administrators of Vocational Rehabilitation,
- Seelman, KD. Panelist. (March 17, 1995). A Platform for Action:
Assuring the Future of Specialized Services," American Foundation
for the Blind, Arlington, VA.
- Seelman, KD. Panelist. (March 12, 1995). Disability: The
Definitions debate - Why Does It Matter? Annual Meeting, American
Society on Aging, Atlanta, GA.
- Seelman, KD. Panelist. (February 8, 1995). Participatory
Action Research: Implication of an Approach to Disability Research.
Panel on Research Methodology, Bethesda, MD.
- Seelman, KD. (November 25, 1994). Women with Disabilities:
An International Challenge. Issues for Disabled Women, Rajiv Gandhi
Foundation, New Delhi, India.
- Seelman, KD. (November 20, 1994). World Congress on Mental
Retardation, New Delhi, India.
- Seelman, KD. Advisor. (June 7, 1994). World Conference on
Special Needs Education: Access and Quality, Salamanca, Spain.
State University of NY Medical Center
Professor Sueda and guides Japanese Temple, 2003
Korean Students at University of Pittsburgh School
of Health and Rehabilitation Sciences, Pittsburgh, 2007