What Types of Companies Hire Engineers?
- Gilead Sciences
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. We strive to transform and simplify care for people with life-threatening illnesses around the world. Gilead's portfolio of products and pipeline of investigational drugs includes treatments for HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer, inflammatory and respiratory diseases, and cardiovascular conditions. Our portfolio of marketed products includes a number of category firsts, including complete treatment regimens for HIV infection available in a once-daily single pill and the first oral antiretroviral pill available to reduce the risk of acquiring HIV infection in certain high-risk adults.
Medicine that Gilead Sciences Makes:
- Liver Diseases
Services that Gilead Sciences Provide:
- Access to Medicine:Gilead makes it a priority to help ensure that our medicines are accessible to all people who need them, regardless of where they live or their economic means. Gilead operates programs to expand access to medicines in the United States and the developing world.
- Screening and Linkage to Care: One of the biggest barriers to improving health is the diagnosis and linkage to appropriate medical care for individuals with life-threatening diseases like HIV/AIDS. Gilead works with various partners throughout heavily affected communities to increase disease awareness, screening and linkages to care.
- Supporting the Community: Gilead's corporate giving programs provide support to U.S.-based healthcare and charitable activities related to our core therapeutic areas. Gilead is also proud to support non-healthcare related social service, science and education, and community programs in the locations where Gilead operates.
The Gilead Sciences Headquarters is located in Foster City, California, but has locations all over the United States. The average salary of a research scientist at the Headquarters location is about $110,000.
Amgen believes in a “biology first” approach. Amgen uses cutting-edge science and technology to study the subtlest biological mechanisms in search of therapies that will improve the lives of those who suffer from serious diseases. Amgen believes the cure for disease can be found inside each and every one of us.
Medicine that Amgen makes:
- Aranesp (darbepoetin alfa)
- Blincyto (blinatumomab)
- Corlandor (ivabradine)
- Enbrel (etanercept)
- Epogen (epoetin alfa)
- Imlygic (talimogene laherparepvec)
- Kyprolis (carflizomib)
- Neulasta (pegfilgrastim)
- Neupogen (filgrastim)
- Nplate (romiplostim)
- Parsabic (etelcalcetide)
- Prolia (denosumab)
- Repatha (evolocumab)
- Sensipar (cinacalcet)
- Vectibix (panitumumab)
- Xgeva (denosumab)
Services that Amgen Provide:
- Commitment to Patients: Amgen is committed to working with the entire healthcare community to ensure a fertile environment for innovation and to encourage an equitable healthcare system that enables patients to access the medicines they need.
- Amgen Foundation: The Amgen Foundation seeks to inspire the next generation of innovators. Learn more about the Foundation's commitment to the scientists of tomorrow.
- Access to Medicine: Amgen's medicines make a difference for those facing serious illnesses and we believe patients should have access to them regardless of their ability to pay. We may also make our investigational medicines available, if appropriate.
- Environmental Stability: Amgen is committed to environmentally responsible operations, which includes using natural resources wisely and considering our overall impact on the environment.
- Supplier Sustainability: Amgen's Corporate Social Responsibility program emphasizes that our value to society goes beyond making vital medicines, and it is also important to recognize that our value goes beyond the boundaries of our own operations.
- Grants and Giving: Each year, Amgen commits significant financial support as well as equipment donations in-kind to help make a difference in people's lives.
The Amgen Headquarters is located in Thousand Oaks, california, but it has locations all over the United States and has a presence in over 100 countries worldwide. The average salary of a research scientists is about $107,000.