Glossary of Medieval Art and Architecture

fluting: Shallow, concave grooves running vertically on a column, pilaster, or other surface

See also: column, shaft, pier, pilaster

Click here for pronounciation.

Go to Main
Glossary Page

All images and html code in this project are © Jane Vadnal. Any use of them without her express written consent is prohibited. Email:
Created by Jane Vadnal 05/97