- Japan's Phillips Curve Looks Like Japan by Gregor Smith, Yale University.
- A Statistical Relation Betweeen Unemployment and Price Changes , by Irving Fisher, Journal of Political Economy, 81:2(Mar-Apr. 1973), 496-502.
The JPE reprinted this 1926 article under the title "I discovered the Phillips Curve", which was not Fisher's original title.
- The Relation between Unemployment and Money Wage Rates in the United Kingdom, 1861-1957 , by A. W. Phillips, Economica, 1958. Phillips' classic article.
- Our Unstable Dollar and the So-Called Business Cycle , by Irving Fisher. J. of the American Statistical Association, June 1925, 179-202. More details on Fisher's discovery than the above article.
- Mechanical Models and Economic Dynamics , by A. W. Phillips. Economica, 17:67(Aug. 1950), 283-305. Phillips' model of the Keynesian economy, showing his backround as an engineer.
- Employment, Inflation, and Growth, by A. W. Phillips. Economica, 29:113(Feb. 1962), 360-370.
Second Thoughts on the Phillips Curve
- Analytical Aspects of Anti-Inflation Policy,
by Paul A. Samuelson and Robert M. Solow. American Economic Review, 50:2 (May, 1960), 177-194
- Inflation and Unemployment , by Milton Friedman. Journal of Political Economy, 85:3 (Jun., 1977), 451-472. Friedman's Nobel Lecture.
- The Role of Monetary Policy , by Milton Friedman. American Economic Review, 58:1, Mar. 1968, pp. 1-17. Friedman's presidental address, with a briefer presentation of his critique of the Phillips Curve. See Section I, "What Monetary Policy Cannot Do", and especially the section, "Employment as a Criterion of Policy".
- Phillips Curves, Expectations of Inflation, and Optimal Unemployment over Time , by Edmund S. Phelps, Economica, N.S., 34:1 (Aug., 1967), pp. 254-281. Rigorous presentation of the expectations critique of the Phillips Curve.
New Keynesian Phillips Curves