- FRED -- Federal Reserve Economic Data . The most convenient single source of economic data.
- Bureau of Economic Analysis
-- NIPA (National Income and Product Accounts), GDP data
- Latest GDP News release -- Historical Tables
- Concepts and Methods of the U.S. National Income and Product Accounts , BEA, July 2008.
- Taking the Pulse of the Economy: Measuring GDP by J.Stephen Landefeld, Eugene P. Seskin, and Barbara M. Fraumeni, Journal of Economic Perspectives, 22:2 (Spring, 2008, pp. 193-216.
- U.S. National Income and Product Statistics: Born of the Great Depression and World War II by Rosemary D. Marcuss and Richard E. Kane. Survey of Current Business , Feb. 2007, pp. 32-46.
- Bureau of Labor Statistics
- Census Bureau
See especially the Current Population Survey
Note: use DataFerrett software to access CPS data
- Federal Reserve Data