|Savio L-Y. Woo, Ph.D., D.Sc., D.Eng.
|Distinguished University Professor and
Musculoskeletal Research Center
Department of Bioengineering
Swanson School of Engineering
Professor of Rehabilitation Science & Technology
School of Health & Rehabilitation Sciences
McGowan Institute for Regenerative Medicine
School of Medicine
Publications | Personal Information & Photos
Lab Contact Info:Musculoskeletal Research Center
405 Center for Bioengineering
300 Technology Drive
Pittsburgh, PA 15219
- Development of biodegradable metallic materials to assist the healing of ligaments and tendons as well as for implantable devices for orthopaedic applications.
- Kinematics of synovial joints, including knee and shoulder, by developing a novel robotic universal force-moment sensor testing system to assess the roles of various soft tissues.
- Functional tissue engineering approaches involving the use of extracellular matrix (ECM) bioscaffolds, i.e., ECM-SIS to improve the healing of injured ligaments and tendons.
- Theoretical and experimental studies of the nonlinear viscoelastic and mechanical properties of biological tissues.
- Effects of stress and motion on healing and repair of soft tissues.